Monday, February 25, 2013

Professional Development

What are some things you can do for free to improve your technology skills?

For me, the most beneficial thing I do to improve my technology skills is Google and playing around with it.  When I get a new technology, or read about one, I research it as much as I can.  Google is my best friend, so is Mashable.com, and my eduction page on Flipbook.  Twitter is a great way to create a professional learning community, and there are many technology to hashtags to follow.  These include, #edtech, #mlearning.  I also follow ISTE connects on Twitter, and other technology companies and websites.

When I get a new technology I also play around with it.  Just discover things.  For example, when I got my Promethean Board I tinkered around with it.  I clicked on buttons to see what they would do. I explored other people's posts, tried to figure out how they did certain things.  There are also a lot of webinars and wiki pages devoted to technology education.  There are a plethora of books dedicated to teaching 'digital natives' as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment